Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sync iPhone Calendar to Windows

The iPhone Calendar famously does not sync with most Windows Calendar applications directly. Here is the solution that I found: Set up a Google Calendar account, then go into iPhone Settings -> mail,contacts,calendars -> add account -> Microsoft Exchange. Then enter your email address in both the email and username fields, leave domain blank, enter google password and hit next. It then brings up the same fields with the addition of server, and you enter m.google.com there and hit next again. Then what I did is turn calendar sync on, and turn contacts and mail sync off in this account, because I already have functioning accouts for those. Now if I enter something on my iPhone calendar, I can see it pop up on my PC in the browser in Google Calendar.

The only sidebar is that since it is not on the physical PC, and it is the physical PC that syncronizes with the Mobile Me "Cloud", it doesn't appear in the Mobile Me Calendar. But the Google Calendar is in another "Cloud", so it is accessible from anywhere and it could function as a backup just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment